Updates are broadcast regularly each weekday at :55 minutes past the hour.
- Bonnie Crombie New Ontario Liberal Party Leader
Crombie was elected Mayor in 2014. She served as the area’s Liberal Member of Parliament from 2008-2011.
- Changes Coming to Ontario Access to Justice Act
The province says in 2022, there were 1,721 incidents of police-reported hate crimes, a near-20 percent increase from the previous year.
- Ford Government Lays Out Case for Science Centre Move to Ontario Place
It is expected that once relocated to Ontario Place, up to one million people will visit the brand-new facility every year.
- Holodomor Education to be Mandatory for Grade 10 Students
In September, the government also unannounced that mandatory learning about the Holocaust in the Grade 10 Canadian History course would be introduced in September 2025.
- Toronto and Ontario Governments Reach Funding Deal
The Ford government says it will soon introduce the “New Deal for Toronto Act,” which, if passed, would allow the deal to become a reality.
- Salmonella Illnesses Linked to Cantaloupes
American officials are also investigating an outbreak linked to cantaloupes of the same genetic strain as illnesses reported in this outbreak.
- Ontario Police Forces Get More Funds to Combat Auto Theft
Solicitor General Michael Kerzner says a vehicle is stolen in Ontario every 14 minutes.
- New Affordable Housing in Scarborough
Residents will begin moving into their new modular homes later in November.
- Hamilton Transit Strike Ends
Members of ATU Local 107 still need to vote on the pact. They have been without a contract since December 2022.
- Hamilton Mayor Issues Statement on Transit Strike
The union’s last collective agreement expired in December 2022.
- Ontario Installs 30th Lieutenant Governor
Her office says that over her term, Dowdeswell attended about 6,000 engagements in all of Ontario’s 124 ridings.
- Grey Cup Week in Hamilton Along with a Bus Strike
Events are happening all week ahead of Sunday’s championship game.
- Hamilton Bus Drivers on Strike
The strike action does not impact accessible transportation services offered by DARTS.
- New Legislation Would Require Employers to Post Salary Expectations
Thirty-seven per cent of online job postings in Ontario (2022) included salary information.
- Hamilton Transit Workers Set to Strike Thursday
Amalgamated Transit Unit Local 107 is the City’s second largest bargaining union with about 880 members who work at the Hamilton Street Railway.
- Canada Post Christmas Stamps On Sale
The domestic rate Christmas stamp is available in booklets of 12.
- Town of Oakville Workers on Strike
CUPE Local 136 represents the town’s outside workers and facility operators, and is the town’s second largest bargaining unit, with more than 285 members in various roles.
- Ontario Beefing Up Holocaust Education
The new Grade 10 curriculum will be ready for the 2025-26 school year.
- Ontario Lowering Eligibility Age for Breast Screening
The OBSP performs approximately 700,000 mammograms each year in Ontario.
- Ontario Fall Influenza and Covid-19 Vax Campaigns Kick Off
Ontarians are encouraged to speak with a health care professional to help determine their appropriate vaccination schedule.