Updates are broadcast regularly each weekday at :55 minutes past the hour.
- Rogers Opens Up TTC 5G Network to All Riders
The federal government had earlier set a deadline of October 3rd for Rogers to allow all passengers using the subway system to have access.
- Ontario Pharmacists Prescribing for More Ailments
Anyone with symptoms should contact their local pharmacist to confirm whether they provide prescribing services for certain common ailments before visiting the pharmacy.
- Ontario Minimum Wage Increases
Piccini says minimum wage jobs should be for the start of a worker’s career, not the end.
- It’s Test Your Smoke Alarm Day in Ontario
The OFM says smoke alarms should be tested monthly with batteries changed at least once a year. Smoke alarms should be replaced after 10 years of service.
- End of an Era: Event to Mark Closing of Iconic Rail Line
The TTC says the event will also raise money for the United Way, with a silent auction featuring authentic SRT parts and exclusive merchandise.
- Ontario Labour Minister Stepping Down
McNaughton said in a statement that his decision has nothing to do with the ongoing Greenbelt controversy.
- Toronto Mayor Chow Backs New TTC Safety Plan
The TTC board is scheduled to meet next Tuesday.
- Unfiror Reaches Tentative Deal with Ford
The contract covers workers in Oakville, Bramalea, Windsor, and Paris, Ontario, along with those at a plant in Leduc, Alberta.
- Allegations India’s Government Involved in Death of BC Man
The timing comes as a Quebec judge begins working on a public inquiry into foreign interference in Canada.
- Inflation Rate Takes Another Jump
The inflation rate rose to 4 percent last month , up from 3.3 percent in July.
- ON Leadership Hopefuls Face Off in Thunder Bay
The Ontario Liberal Party said this week that it has more than 80,000 members eligible to vote. Tonight’s debate starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Feds Matching Donations to Red Cross to Aid Morocco
An additional $2 million is also being allocated to support immediate needs.
- Toronto Hoping Feds will Cover Shelter Costs for Churches
Chow and Miller met for about an hour on Tuesday.
- Rogers Ordered to Allow Other Carriers on Toronto Subway Network
Rogers had already launched its 5G wireless service for its own customers in downtown subway stations and tunnels in August.
- Ontario Ombudsman Report on LTC
Dubé’s report offered 76 recommendations for improving the system. The province says it has fully or partially implemented more than half of them.
- Toronto International Film Festival Underway
TIFF is underway from September 7-17.
- Calls for the Recall of the Ontario Legislature Amid Greenbelt Land Swap
Official Opposition leader Marit Stiles is calling on Ford to recall the legislature so the parcels of land can be returned to the Greenbelt
- Burlington Beekeepers to the Rescue!
The vast majority of the 5 million bees were back in crates within a half an hour.
- Metro and Striking GTA Workers Reach Tentative Agreement
Details of the tentative agreement were not immediately released.
- Christian Aid Groups Assisting in Wildfire Raved Western Canda
The international organization has also recently assisted with relief efforts from devastating wildfires in Hawaii, and flash flooding in Ottawa.