Avian Flu Reports in GTA

A warning for pet owners to keep a closer eye on their animals after a dog in Oshawa died after being infected with avian influenza (H5N1).

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says the dog became infected after chewing on a wild goose.

The news comes a day after the City of Mississauga said avian flu has been confirmed in the city.

In a tweet, the City says Animal Services and Peel Public Health are monitoring the situation and will provide more information as it becomes available.

The risk of transmission to humans is low and does not typically pass from birds to humans. 

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.